- To encourage vigilance amongst scheme members and actively encourage the early reporting of suspicious incidents to the police or to Action Fraud if it should relate to a con or scam.
- To receive crime information and advice from the Alert messaging system and distribute relevant information to scheme members.
- To encourage scheme members to be aware of and put into practice crime prevention measures, such as property marking and to use security devices.
- To keep a check on such households that may be regarded as vulnerable and provide advice to members about dealing with callers at the door.
- To circulate newsletters and other relevant crime reduction literature.
- To welcome newcomers and invite them to be part of the scheme.
- To maintain up to date records of scheme members and their contact details (given their permission for you to do so).
- To encourage other activities including meetings with other Co-ordinators in the scheme, social events, etc.
- 27,028 hits